Sunday, April 24, 2011

Obsession of the Week: Sandy Beaches



This week, I've found myself obsessed with SANDY BEACHES. 
While this may strike some as odd, to those of my friends and myself that just came back from Split, Croatia--this obsession it not odd.

Sandy beaches are great. Split, however (and Brac, an island off the coast of Split, for that matter) both have rocky beaches. My initial reaction to these rocky beaches was: "These aren't beaches..." However, they were. I was just not accustomed to such beaches because I grew up in South Jersey only a short hour drive from the Jersey Shore (not the fist-pumping, GTL kind... the family-friendly, boardwalk kind). The Jersey Shore is definitely all about their sandy beaches.

While Croatia is gorgeous (and I do mean GORGEOUS), it just wasn't my cup of tea in terms of beaches. I prefer my beaches sandy--and I see nothing wrong with that!

(Thanks to Keattikorn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net for the photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...