Friday, June 3, 2011

Suggestions for the Traveling Soul: Use TripAdvisor

I use TripAdvisor for as many things as possible when I travel.

If you don't already know about it (and use it!), you should totally become familiar with it! And here's why...

First off, it's a great way to find out where to go, what to do, and how to do it, especially if you're a little nervous about traveling to a place you know next to nothing (or, like me, absolutely nothing) about. I used trip advisor while traveling in Budapest by myself for 4 days back in early April. After having the two friends I was supposed to meet cancel on me, I decided to go anyway so that I wouldn't be out the cash for my flight and hostel. And TripAdvisor was awesome! I found free walking tours through it, a great place to eat, and some of the best things to see and do while in Budapest (such as going to the Szechenyi Baths and St. Stephen's Basilica).

Second, after you use it to help plan your trip, you get to contribute to the site. You can write reviews and comment on the things you did and saw, the places you stayed, and the restaurants you ate at. It's a great way to contribute to someone else's experience in the place you visited and got to learn about, just as others helped you with their comments and reviews.


I really love the internet and all it's been able to do for me in my travels.

I can honestly say, without it, I wouldn't have bungee jumped in Costa Rica, saved money by taking free tours in Budapest, or known about the ancient wall around Lucca in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...